This sweet sweet precious girl was such a joy to photograph. Seriously this is one gorgeous little lady. Mom and Dad and Big brother were there too and oh my oh my does Brother love his Baby Sister.
Love this family. And these photos.
12 Months. 1 Year. 366 days! It WAS a Leap Year last year…
Logan and I came into your room and sang “Happy Birthday”. I think you think that it’s your new song. Last night was a little harder on Momma than today. 11:50am on this very day last year was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I held you and just wept at the thought that you were here and you were and are GOOD my dear girl.
We had your party last weekend… and we may have opened up a bunch of gifts for you. But, God has granted the greatest gift of all, You. You have brought so much joy to this year of life. Your bubba loves you and so do I. I thank God for your life and pray that you always know you are Beloved and you are Wonderful.
Love you Bailey Girl!– You gave Momma a work out today with your photos – you will no longer stay still. When you’re being held you want DOWN and you want down now. You want to go and do and move.
– You are not walking yet. Occasionally standing solo for a split second. But you cruise and pull up on everything.
– You have 6 teeth! You also started a new “scrunch” face smile and I just love it!
– You LOVE to dance – put on some music for this girl and she will bob that head.
– Your favorite lovey is your old nursing cover wraps (we stopped nursing around Christmas and I don’t even remember the last time – sad) and you love your lamb paci the best – which, lamb needs a bath. Badly.
– Your hair is just growing and is so pretty! When we’re outside you think it’s so funny when the wind blows in your hair.
– You started to say “uh-oh” which comes out as a short “uh”. You occasionally say Momma, but not often. You are trying to say “more” as in more food and it comes out “mah” but not all the time. You point at everything you want. I think you talk with your laugh. You laugh so much and Logan gets the best giggles out of you. Brothers are awesome 😉
– You LOVED your birthday party – it was all about Bailey and you knew it too!
– I hope to take some more birthday photos today – I hope you cooperate 😉
– Busy Bee. That’s all I can say. It fits your name “Bailey Bug” well as you are buzzing everywhere. You do not want to be held. Are constantly moving a going and cruising. It’s somewhat exhausting, ma’am.
– You have taken a few “pivot” steps from one thing to another (like one couch to another that are seated next to each other). Not solid steps… more like let me fall into this step. But goodness… I’m not ready for that.
– From the couch, you have let go and… STOOD for a split second before sitting down. You have gotten much gentler about sitting down than the plop you have been doing.
– These photos were super hard as you were rolling around and wanting to go and see and explore everything
– You mimic sounds and have started a few more sounds. BaBaBaBa is your favorite… And also love to “pop” your lips. You also drop things… you know, just because you can. And I’ll tell you “Uh oh” and sometimes you’ll copy!
– You love to play peek a boo and have even let out a “Pe-Boo!” Which is just adorable. I wished I could catch it on video!
– You have 4 teeth now… 2 top 2 have come in with 2 more on the way. I say you’ll have 6 by the time you’re one.
– AND BY THE WAY – YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ONE!!!! It’s not possible.
– You try to get into everything you’re not supposed to. Which, to brother’s dismay, are his Paw Patrol toys. Big brother still doesn’t know how to share. AND I THINK YOU KNOW it bothers him. Little stinker.
– Your hair is growing so so fast. It’s getting so long in the back. I wonder if it’ll curl.
HOW are you already almost one?
Double Digit Months? How can this be. Seriously ma’am. You just got here it seems.
– You are everywhere – and it makes Momma tired. Which made these photos super hard… I don’t know what 11th and 12th month’s will look like. But, you’re still the best ever.
– You still have just the 2 teeth BUT you’re working on FOUR up top and this week you’ve kinda been a bear, a cute bear.
– You love love love Turkey, Chicken… any kind of meat really. You also ate and devoured tons of new “whole” foods this week… mangos, blueberries, peas, beans. You’ve been eating like a crazy lady and have a whole banana with yogurt almost every morning.
– Your voice is the best and most sweetest. I still love your quiet sneeze – which you’ve always had.
– You started waving over this last month and even throwing in a few “hiiiiii”s along with. Watch out patrons at the grocery store because she will wave at you the whole shopping trip. Sweet girl. You LOVE to people watch and I can tell you just love people in general.
– Another fun thing is you LOVE to dance… any song that comes on, even a commercial, and you start bobbing your head side to side. So much so that you almost fall over at times. Precious dancing girl.
– You pull up to your knees so so often and every now and then to your feet… your favorite place to pull up to your feet is on the outside of the bathtub while we’re waiting for it to fill up. That does not do a momma’s heart very good Miss Bailey.
– Since you’re pulling up, Momma moved the crib down last month. And it made you seem all the more big.
– You had your first Thanksgiving and are just a little over a week away from your first Christmas! I love Holidays with you.
I have to give major props to my wonderful Houston Christmas Mini Session Crew.
2 Days before we were set to trek out to the tree farm it was calling for RAIN and lots of it. I was able to *thankfully* secure at spot at Fill in the Blank Studio. Thank you ladies!! And we made it work.
Thank you so much to every single one of you for being up for the new plan! Merry Christmas!