12 Months. 1 Year. 365 days. You.
You and I woke up this morning in our usual way… but this morning I held you a little longer. We snuggled, and you let me (which does not always happen). I sang “Happy Birthday” to you in the quiet of your room and thought about this year. 10:42am on this very day last year was the scariest and most wonderful experience of my life thus far. All I could think about was seeing you. I was scared for you and so relieved when you were ok.
We may have had a big party yesterday… and we may have opened up a bunch of gifts for you. But, God has granted us the greatest gift of all, You. You have brought more joy than we could have ever known. Our cups are full. I can’t believe you are ONE. We give God thanks and we hope you come to know Jesus and love Him with all your heart.
We love you Bubba.
– Today’s pictures are the HARDEST yet… As Dada said “Laying down is for babies Mom, I’m 1 Duh!” and I think that’s exactly how you feel. You are moving and doing. And while I don’t think we’ll be implementing the letters in your photos – or doing the normal “monthly photos” – I hope I can take a photo each month to see how you’ve grown. Down below… you will see how the year went…
– You are still cruising like a mad man, no walking yet and I think I’m ok with that. The less mobile you are – the better… for now 😉 We will occasionally see you stand solo for a split second. I’m thinking you’ll walk at 14 months + … we shall see.
– We had a big tummy bug this month, and that was not so much fun. Hate when you’re sick.
– We found out you LOVE music and you’ve actually started dancing a little. SO cute! You absolutely love the tambourine and maraca at “school” so we just had to get you a music set for at home… and as of yesterday’s party – you have drums!
– You got to have a special tour at NASA! So exciting… and Pops was most excited of all. We did lose Kermit 1 while there… I said he went to the Moon. BUT our Friend Faith found him!!!! He has since been replaced and Kermit 1 has gone into retirement. And… soon enough you’ll use your BIG Kermit (lovie) that you got from your party… hopefully he’ll be replacing your paci Kermit. Or at least that’s the plan. We shall see 🙂
– We’ve been trying to sleep train again to get you to sleep through the mornings. It’s been (somewhat) successful, but now you like waking up at 6:30a… Momma would prefer just a little more sleep – even just 7am. Let’s see what we can do 😉
– You got your second haircut for your birthday… your hair grows like crazy. You look like such a little boy now… my heart aches.
– You have been loving Mother’s Day Out – and so has Momma. It gives me a chance to get things done and you get to make friends and PLAY!
– You still only say “Momma” and “Dada”… and you can clap of course… but now you can give high 5’s!!!
– As for your birthday party… you did SO well. We did get a bit overwhelmed at the end of presents and the cake wasn’t necessarily amazing to you either. I think you hated being dirty and kept trying to get the icing off your hands. BUT we had an amazing time with friends and family. It’s your party, you can cry if you want to. You crashed after cake… tired boy. But, I wouldn’t have changed anything 🙂
– We’re going to take some more birthday photos today – I hope you cooperate 😉